The NDIS IN 5 Easy Steps:
- Find out when the NDIS is coming to you. Sunshine Coast – We should all be receiving or have already received a letter. If not, please call the NDIS on 1800 800 110 and ask if they have your details. If they don’t have your details, you will need to complete a request to access form.
- Learn if you might be able to access the NDIS. Accessing the NDIS depends on your age, residency and disability. Are you under 65 years old? Are you an Australian resident? Do you have a permanent disability?
- Think about your life now, your current informal and formal supports, and what is working and what might need to change.
Informal supports include the help you get from family and friends. Formal supports are supports you might pay for or get through a program.
- Identify your strengths, interests and challenges. Consider your goals or what you might like to achieve.
- Write these things down and collect any reports, assessments or information you might find helpful for when the NDIS comes to you.
Remember, an NDIS partner working in your community will help you get ready when it is time for you to join the NDIS.
Advanced Care also has staff who can assist you in becoming
NDIS ready. For more information or assistance please call us
on 1300 628 485 or complete your details in the form to the right
of this page.
Advanced Care is an NDIS provider for personal care and domestic duties.
For those whom self-manage or plan manage – we will be able to continue services as per usual, this may include community access (groceries, attending community groups/events, attending education/employment), assistance to medical appointments, domestic duties, personal care, assistance with at-home exercises prescribed by your allied health professionals, etc
Watch this video about the NDIS and what they mean when they
talk about Permanent and significant disability and reasonable and necessary supports.