AUSTRALIAN HOME/AGED CARE SAFETY CHECKLIST
Are you concerned about your elderly parent/s or loved ones living alone or in an environment that may not be suitable for them as they age? Things like poor lighting & ventilation, mats & cats everywhere! #Triphazard people!!
Please read on to discover why you should download this complimentary checklist.
HOW TO ENSURE THE HOME IS A SAFE ENVIRONMENT
This checklist is widely used by aged care professionals to determine whether a person needs "help" at home.
An objective way of checking if your parents or loved ones are safe -by removing their guilt or worry!
Objectives of our checklist:
- removes the 'emotion' and stress that a close relative or friend often struggles with when trying to decide their parent's/loved ones at home safety
- professional/expert advice on what they/you should be aware of
- can be used to assist you or your loved ones or siblings about the need for additional home improvements or in home support
- you can provide the information gathered to a private care provider or friend to assist with family home supports
- use the results of the assessment to agency staff, although a professional agency should undertake this as par for the course
- helps to improve the safety of your loved ones home, increasing their ability to remain living in their own environment - by preventing falls and accidents.